Wednesday 28 July 2010

Auroville, the city of dawn....

So, I landed in Chennai yesterday, and I went directly to Auroville, the Universal city in the making.
It's an international city founded in the 1970s by Sri Aurobindo, a famous guru or avatar, and his spiritual companion, a french lady called "The Mother". She choose a place in the India map, and the follower found that it was a deserted place, with only a isolated banyan. This is a sacred tree in India, because with its areal roots it can multiply itself till infinity, so they decided to put a temple in the place of the banyan, and they called it the Matrimandir, and to found a city there. A city belonging to no nationality, but to the unity of mankind.
As I went out the airport and found my taxi driver with my name on a piece of paper, as it is in the movies, I was approached by a guy who wanted to share the taxi. He said that the Matrimandir is a really powerful temple, and that people are dragged in Auroville by a force, maybe your suconscious or the "super mind", but there is something, a click inside you that goes on when you heard about it the first time, and you feel that you have to come here.

This was true for me, when my friend Siddharth first mentioned it to me, I wasn't even sure to come to India, but after reading a bit about Auroville and its ideals, I immediately felt that I had to go there.

You can read about the Universal city of Auroville in this site:
http://www.auroville.org/

While in this you can read about the daily activities in here....
http://www.auroville.org.in/

Try to read about it, and let me know if the click starts inside you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment